Google
 

Saturday, August 09, 2008

I looked back in the archives to discover that the dude I'm going to tell you about next is Hottie1. Man he goes back aways. He's one of the best-looking guys I've ever seen on Jdate. He is hot. Period. Or, at least, his pictures were. We had made plans before, and they didn't work out. Basically, he never confirmed or canceled, and the day of the date simply passed by without event. So when I saw him back on Jdate, I didn't think much except, "Oh, there's that really hot guy I never got to meet." And then he popped back into my inbox.

Since he reconnected, Hottie1 has acted exactly as someone feeling contrite should act. He apologized for what happened months ago, he asked me if I'd give him another chance, and he put in every effort to take me on a very nice date. 

Um, guess what? He's hotter in person.

But it's not just about the hotness, I promise. He's also funny, so smart, successful, has a cute sense of style. And he made up for the lack of any affection showed by Sweet Square. He sat down next to me about as close as he could, and though we weren't really touching throughout the night, there seemed to be chemistry. He told me that he'd kept thinking about me since the last time we had spoken, and that I'd seemed so intelligent. He seems highly impressed by intelligence. It didn't hurt that he also told me I looked just like my pics. He dropped me on my doorstep, leaned in for a kiss, and it was an awesome one.

Back when we were first due to hang out, I remember feeling insecure--kind of like, but he's got these model good-looks, and I'm just "cute." I'm happy to report I didn't feel that way while anticipating the date this time around. I have felt like pretty friggin' hot stuff lately. I'm not sure where the change in attitude came from, but I feel like (tastefully) flaunting my little bod and making boys lust after it. Or something a bit more tame, but to that effect.

So will Hottie1 lust after me? I don't know. I do know he asked for a second date almost first thing the next day. I expect it to happen, but I do still feel a bit unsure about how reliable he is. Still, so far he's made every effort to court me well. He's not coming on too strong or too weak. I think we'll make it to a second date. Seems we both want to. 

He seems like the perfect catch. But perfect can also be scary. Because if no one's perfect...then what's wrong with him? We'll see where this one goes. But I'll tell you--he is without a doubt a superb antidote for the Original Sporty addiction. Then again, Original Sporty started out courting me hard-core too. And so I can have no expectations at all right now. 

Just some hope.

--Cute Jewess

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good that this time around Hottie1 contacted you. But, while he was being contrite and apologetic, did he give you an explanation for his disappearance? Was it a good explanation that made sense?

It's good to have no expectations. Can't wait to hear part 2.

Jaclyn said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling more self-confident, and that Hottie 1 is chasing after you.