Google
 

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Oy! Sometimes things don't seem fair. I don't have much time to write this, so I hope I do the story justice.

Last night I went out with Sporty, and I met the greatest guy. Oh, how I liked him! We started talking because, well, I was drunk. And thus bold. I had had 4 drinks, 2 of which were the strongest mojitos I think I've ever had. So Unfair Guy tells me his name, and it's such a "nice jewish boy" name, so I tell him so. Turns out he's Jewish. Around my age. Cute as anything. Even writing this makes me feel so disappointed...because this never happens to me! To flirt with the perfect guy! At a bar!

I said to him: If we're flirting like this, you better not have a girlfriend. He said: "I do. She's at home, sleeping."

He went on: "I love my girlfriend, but this is bad timing. Because you're cool, smart, and cute. I know how to find you, so remember my name. I might turn up in 3 months."

What a bummer is all I can say right now.

Except...I kinda screwed it up after that. Not that anything was going to happen anyway, but I have this tendency--especially when I'm drinking--to tease a guy. I don't know why I do it! Sometimes it comes off as flirty and coy, but sometimes it just seems obnoxious. And the thing is, I'm not bitchy at all! But it totally makes me seem bitchy. So at some point, I think he got offended and left. I have to remember to stop doing that!! Oh, the drink.

And oh, Unfair Guy. I liked you so.
-Cute Jewess

12 comments:

Keith said...

He loves his girlfriend, but he might show up in 3 months? WTF is up with that? If he loves his girlfriend, why's he putting a potential expiration date on the relationship?

Samantha said...

Argh! That sucks!!!! Same kinda thing happened to me last night too. These guys need a freaking sign on them that says I have a gf!

Michele said...

I agree with Keith. I think unfair guy might be a big, ole jerk. He is out flirting with other women in bars while his girlfriend is at home in bed ... do you really want to date this guy? I think it's OK that you gave him a hard time. Good for you.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about whether or not you scared him off,--would you want a boyfriend who was out flirting with other women to the point the other woman thinks they are connecting? I hope you did scare him off, for your sake, that behavior from him is BS and shows he is not a catch at all.

acaligurl said...

that sucks!!

i wouldn't want to be his girlfriend at home "asleep"'

Anonymous said...

Well, Keith, maybe he will become available because the girlfriend will DUMP HIM!!

It has been known to happen.

Unknown said...

Keith has a good point.

Also (playing devil's advocate here)-- what if they did break up, and you started dating him? You'd know he's the kind of guy who's hitting on women while he has a girlfriend.

Anonymous said...

why is the guy called Unfair Guy?

Why don't I get all the nicknames...I is confused.

And what did you do that would seem obnoxious? Teasing him doesn't seem bad at all...harmless play I would say.

More than likely, he just went back to his sleeping girlfriend...

Anonymous said...

Great story, you were drunk and hitting on some guy with a girlfriend (while you are on a date?), who left the door open in case he ditches her in the next few months. Oh, I am f'klempt.

jgo said...

Yeah I agree with Keith... what the fuck is up with that shit? Sounds like the kind of guy you dont want? You watch the HBO show, Tell me you love me? This sounds exactly like the guy on the show. If you were his gf, would you want him flirting with hotties like you at the bar?

But props to you for being fun and flirty. Keep up with it and you might meet a keeper!

What did you end up saying that drove him away?

Cute Jewess said...

Anonymous--oh yes, of course because I was out with someone I'm calling Sporty, it had to be a date. And not my girl friend who really likes sports. Sexist.

I'm calling him Unfair Guy because It feels unfair that the only time in years I meet a guy I connect with in a bar, he has a girlfriend.

I only asked if he did because we were obviously connecting. Once he told me, I stopped the flirting and teased him as I would a guy friend.

Anonymous said...

just out of curiosity -- on another subject -- what is the upper age limit on men that you have listed on jdate, and have you considered upping it a bit? my upper limit was orig 66, 7 years older than i then was, but after meeting rolly last dec, a hilarious & v. attractive 73-yr-old, i upped it more & more, and finally i think it was 71. then i met The One, age 70. an irish friend told me her mother used to say, 'better an old man's darling than a young man's fool.' At any rate, if your upper limit is, say, 36, what about checking out the 37/8/9-yr-olds and seeing what they're like? i can tell you from experience, the male bodies don't deteriorate that much in that period, and their minds & psyches definitely improve. if you're 30 or 31, what about looking up to 40?
you're just ** looking **...