Google
 

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year! Webfetti.com

Sometimes I like to blog right after an event, when I'm working through things in my head. But mostly, I wait a couple days to see how I'm feeling then. No Smile was the dude I dated this past weekend, but the story is actually quite simple, I think.

When I saw No Smile, I was pleased--he was cuter in person. And from the start, conversation just flowed. We sat side by side, he seemed to imply he was enjoying himself, and I figured I'd be going on another date with this guy. Now here's the thing. Certain details came up in our conversation that were big red flags about this dude in terms of how he acts in relationships. I got the sense he didn't like to be tied down, so to speak, and didn't always act "right" by his lady. So pretty much, despite his attractiveness, humor, and gentlemanly behavior during our very pleasant date, I knew he wasn't likely going to be relationship material. But he seemed great just-dating or fling type material. If nothting else, I figured I'd get to see how he kisses.

But, as you saw last entry, you know how that ended. I did go through some "Are my pictures too flattering" anxiety, but for now I'll just go forward with whomever the next guy is and see how that goes.

New Years was quiet for me, which is all I really felt like. Best Friend had invited me to join her at a party, and I would certainly have enjoyed spending time with her, but I just wasn't feeling the night, so to speak. New Years is never my favorite holiday--too expensive, crowded, often disappointing. So I had dinner with my mom and dad, and we enjoyed watching Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin (love her!) ring in 2008 on CNN. From my parent's window, you can see a wonderful fireworks display, too. Dad put his arm arounds me and mom and said he had his two ladies, and that's all he needed to be happy. Awwww.

I don't tend to make resolutions, because I know I'll just break them. But I think 2008 will be a good year, and I look forward to sharing what I hope will be its great stories with you.

--Cute Jewess

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I hear you on this particular holiday. I equate it to the prom: you are never who you want to be with, costs a lot, high expectations almost never met...and even being out in the best dress doesn't save the situation. Sounds like you had the perfect 2008 opener!
Cheers!!

Cute Jewess said...

True dat eh-what!

Heather said...

Happy New Year CJ!!
Hugs