Google
 

Monday, March 17, 2008

I know I like a guy when I save his texts only to reread them and get a happy little tingle. Hotness texted that he'd call me tonight, so we shall see if he does indeed. Not that I'll be around--I have plans with Brill and maybe Best Friend too, and so Hotness will have to chat with my voicemail. The thing is, this is a busy week. I've kinda got no time for him. Tomorrow's another date, and Wednesday is a totally fun outing with a group of friends to plan a lovely weekend vacation in the woods by a lake--can I please get a tan? There should be canoeing too! Either Thursday or Friday may be free, but not both, so I will hope.

Ages ago I was corresponding with a dude I named Sporty. Since then, I've called one of my girlfriends Sporty (oops), and so original Sporty needs a new name. Because he's back. From outer space. I just walked in(box) to find him there with...you get the picture. I fear I have little in common with Original Sporty, but we are supposed to go out tomorrow night, and I don't think it'll be a bad time. I'm corresponding with a couple other guys, too, so I'm not too worried about focusing all my j-attention on Hotness. It's possible I've been focusing a little mental attention on his amazing biceps. I do so love a good bicep.

Oh, I never reported back on Conan, did I? Single and I had a grand time. The show was a lot of fun, Conan is adorable in person and does a fun little warm up with the crowd. I got a free "Audience Member" Late Night t-shirt, and our seats were pretty close up. Neat! I did not get to meet our favorite associate producer, Jordan Schlansky, but I sent him a thank you email for an all around fun afternoon, and he sent a lovely little note back. We heart him.

So the question of today seems to be: Will Hotness actually call? I think yes--but then, it ain't like I haven't been wrong before.

--Cute Jewess

P.S. Awww, Hotness is sending me texts just because. If nothing else, I guess I've crossed his mind today!

PPS: Update: Nothing! No call. I'm not up in arms about it, but he did seem so adamant. So it's like--just say, "I'll call you," not "I'll call you at this specific time and if not that time then this other time."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always nice to get texts just because. I'm curious about something: How do you pick up an abandoned e-mail conversation without seeming totally lame-o? You've mentioned this happening before... how does the (re-)initiator not seem annoying?

Cute Jewess said...

Oh I don't think it's lame. He was like--I'm back on jdate, so I thought I'd get in touch. I think it's always fine to send a "Seems we lost touch, but I thought I'd check in to say hi" or whatever email.

Single Girl said...

YAY! for Hotness! I love it when guys don't play the "wait a few days before contact after a date" game. It's so refreshing, isn't it?! I hope you two get together Thursday or Friday, I want more Hotness!!

Unknown said...

Yay for HOTNESS... I like seeing his name in caps! How funny about the coincidence in bars? Man, this is one small city!

Anonymous said...

it's spring....