Google
 

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th, people!

So, what happened? I met Good Phone. Our date was nice, he was attractive, and I enjoyed his impish smile. Now, it wasn't perfect, mind you. Good Phone had a habit of asking me a question and then, before I could fully answer, interrupting with a story of his own. His stories are interesting, and I enjoyed them, but boy, he was a talker.

I knew the interruptitis might turn me off in the future, but after our date, I was optimistic. He seemed, at the end, to want to see me again. I wanted to go on a second date. I found out the next day that he did not. He emailed me his thanks for a nice night, but said he didn't feel a connection.

There you go. With my date with SmartAlec on the way, my time of the month, and whatever else you want to attribute it to, I started to feel very not cute! I hate that feeling.

My night on the town with Loverville yesterday was fun, indeed, but there weren't many flirty cuties to speak of. Still, I got to test drive my Date With SmartAlec outfit. I'm feeling better about it now--I got a hearty thumbs up from the girls and boys alike.

There's a small possibility I'll meet another of the Awesome Threesome (or, really, since Hot Piece has vanished, it's more like the Datetastic Duo) this weekend. We'll see!

--Cute Jewess

7 comments:

acaligurl said...

maybe good phone was nervous. or maybe he'll be annoying with the interrupting.perhaps a second meeting will tell??

Cute Jewess said...

Ah, but calig, that's the point. I'd go on a 2nd date. He wouldn't.

Heather said...

Oh man! That stinks! Well-it wasn't meant to be. Not much you can do...but as usual I give you props (ROFL-there's a word I haven't used or heard in a long time) for getting yourself out there!

Your Prince will come! Just tell him not to take so long ;)

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

the whole "feeling not cute" thing...I would not worry so much. I do not think we give guys enough credit, they actually do look past the physical. If you did not have a connection, I doubt it was based on your physical appearance.

Unknown said...

I actually give good phone props for telling you the truth straight up. it hurts a bit, i totally understand, but you'll get over it that much quicker and are not left waiting by the phone, right? from everything you say and the little you've shown your readers, i am sure that you are absolutely cute, even on a not feeling so cute day. i would just chalk this one up to chemistry which we really have no control over...

Anonymous said...

Ugh, that stinks! I'm sure that you're supercute, but maybe he got a friend vibe, while you were looking for something more. Good guy to tell you rather than to just drop off the planet or lead you on, though. I hope your date with SmartAlec is great though!

The Naked Newlywed said...

I bet Interruptitis went home thinking that he couldn't be with someone who was so quiet! If only he knew...