Okay, before you think I'm complaining, let me just stress: not complaining. But Loverville and I have been emailing of late about "juggling" guys. Her tried and true method has been to load 'em up, and I very much get that. More guys means less focusing on one in particular. It'd be a hell of a lot easier to get my mind off SS, probably, if there were a few other guys I was also interested in.
That said, I confess: Corresponding with too many guys at once makes me feel panicky. I'm not sure why. I just get this nervous tightness in my chest--and I feel rather overwhelmed. After all, for 5 years there was just ONE guy in my life--and that doesn't seem so far in the past.
Let's say I'm corresponding with/scheduling dates with 4 guys. That's about my comfort limit. I don't need the notebook to keep track of where I am in each conversation, or when the date is scheduled. Four guys at once? Do-able. Eight guys at once? Panicky.
Somehow, despite being somewhat careful to keep the number down, I got up to 8 guys at once. So, I guess, it's time for a Jupdate, no?
- SS: Need I elaborate? I like him lots.
- BCD: Will likely see Big Cute Dork this week, or at least try to.
- Eager Beaver: Also this week. Supposedly. (You know how these guys cancel! This one, however, I think will not.)
- Cute Doc: Despite never having similar schedules, we're still trying to work out a 2nd date.
- Hottie1: We'll see if he calls. If he doesn't? I haven't quite given up on him yet--I'd give him a final call someday, but I'm not rushing.
- Maybe Guy: We've been back-and-forth emailing for a while. Will I meet him? I don't know. Do I care? Not so much.
- Picky: This guy's new. He's one of those who describe themselves as "picky" in their profiles. As if, only the really great girls need apply, so beware if you're "just average." This generally ticks me off, so I'm on guard. But he's also really funny, so that's a big plus.
- Tall Dark: Also new. He seems like a good guy, if a tad goofy looking. But sometimes I like that, so we'll see.
Would I prefer having no guys to having a passel (and how cute is that word)? No, of course not. But I'd also just love to be able to see SS more often. To know he's thinking about me. To hear from him. I think, at heart, I'm into monogamy. But in the meantime, I will "get my date on" and see if any of these guys are worth holding onto.
More fun for you guys, I'm sure ;-)